Changing Paypal logo in woocommerce checkout

This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by Spiracle Themes.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Bob B

Hi

Am once again at a loss. I want to change the paypal image at checkout from the simple paypal icon to this one with credit cards displayed

Desired PayPal Logo

I have tried to follow instructions found in lots of places on the web, including woocommerce docs to no avail. Here’s what I’ve done.
      * Uploaded the jpg file into the media library.
      * added the following code to the end of the functions.php file for the somapro theme.

function my_new_paypal_icon() {
      return ‘https://alanonla.store/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/paypal-payments.jpg’;
      }
      add_filter( ‘woocommerce_paypal_icon’, ‘my_new_paypal_icon’ );

No joy, didn’t work. Nothing changed. I was surprised because there were at least a dozen posts including woocommerce docs that described how to do this and I’m sure that I followed instructions to the letter.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Bob,

It’s very strange. We have tried the same code and its working. The only thing we did is we changed the single quote ie

function my_new_paypal_icon() {
          return 'https://alanonla.store/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/paypal-payments.jpg';
      }
      add_filter( 'woocommerce_paypal_icon', 'my_new_paypal_icon' );

We are attaching the screenshot here. Please check

Screenshot 1
      View Image 1

Screenshot 2
      View Image 2

Let us know if you have any questions

Best Regards

Bob B
      This reply has been marked as private.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Bob,

Could you mail us your website credentials so that we can have a look?
      You can mail us your credentials at support@spiraclethemes.com

Best Regards

Bob B

I figured it out. I had activated the plugin for woocommerce paypal express checkout. Once I turned that off to use just PayPal Standard everything settled down. It’s now working exactly as I wanted, and the desired credit card icons are now visible

Thank you for your help. Once I knew that what I’d done was correct, I was able to look at other things.

Spiracle Themes

Good to know that you’ve resolved it. You are welcome 🙂

Best Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads

Reply To: Changing Paypal logo in woocommerce checkout

Your information:

Cancel