Home Background Image & Heading problem

This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 12 months ago by Spiracle Themes.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Michael Curry

I am using the Pro version of the Theme. I changed the Home Background Image but when I try to preview it with “Visit Site” there is nothing there. I see the header section with the nav bar and then the footer right below.

Also, how do I remove the “Heading text” and “Sub-heading Text” if I don’t want to include them?

Spiracle Themes

Hi Michael,

Did you click on Publish button on top of the customizer screen? To see changes you need to click publish also.
      To remove Text from the home background section, you have to add the below CSS

.slide-bg-section h1{
      display: none;
      }

Copy and paste it in Appearance -> Customize -> Additonal CSS.

PS: Please update your website URL also so that we can assist you better 🙂

Best Regards

Michael Curry

Thank you that worked great. I am working on the wordpress site locally right now so there is no url to share.

I want to keep my homepage as a static page which I have already created but every time I add a blog post to the site it is replaced with a slider of the most recent blog posts. How do I stop it from switching?

Spiracle Themes

Hi Michael,

There is an option inside Appearance -> Customize -> Slider Settings from where you can switch the slider type.

1) Single Background Image option is for having a static background image with heading and subheading of your own.
      2) Post Category Slider is for recent posts with sliding featured images.
      3) Default Slider is for creating a slider with multiple sliding images but with customized heading and subheading which you can add using the Slider Menu just below your Posts menu

Let us know if this helps you.

Best Regards

Michael Curry

Thank you for all the help.

I have another question. Is there a way to change the “Site Title” to an image instead of text? I have both a static image and a javascript animation I would like to use instead of the static text. Thanks in advance.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Michael,

Did you mean a logo? If yes then you can easily do that.
      Go to Appearance -> Customize -> Site Identity and upload an image under Logo.

Best Regards

Michael Curry

Is there a way to add a header to the top of the Blog page that will stay on top of all the posts?

Spiracle Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Sorry to say but there is no easy method to do this. To achieve this, you’ll have to modify your index.php file located in the root folder of theme elvinaapro and add your code there. Since it involves coding your own custom functionality, we can’t help you more regarding this. If you want our developers can code for you.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 reply threads

Reply To: Home Background Image & Heading problem

Your information:

Cancel