Is there a way to change some of the text labels in the woocommerce checkout?

This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 8 months ago by Spiracle Themes.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Bob Byers

I’m working on the website for a small nonprofit. One of the labels on the billing info screen is Company name (optional). We would like to change that to:
      Meeting City .. Day & Time. We would also like that to be required. Our membership consists of about 450 groups in the Los Angeles area. It’s important for us that store purchases can track back to the group meetings. I tried SayWhat, but probably failed on the domain name … made some guesses, but No Joy.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Bob,

What you’re looking for are the custom fields. The process of adding a custom field is not simple and requires you a little technical knowledge. You can refer to the WooCommerce docs here

Customizing checkout fields using actions and filters

You can also hire a freelancer to do this task for you.

Best Regards

Bob Byers

I really appreciate your response. At some later date I’ll probably want to do that. In the short term I’d very much like to just change the on-screen label from “Company name (optional)” to “Meeting City, day and time”. That’s adequate for our purposes and I’m guessing that the Company field is just a char or varchar field. Also, I’d like to change other on-screen labels to better match what our members would find comfortable. I hinted that I thought my problem with SayWhat was the domain name. I did some web searches to find out what “domain name” was and discovered that some them providers use their name .. e.g. “spiracle themes”. I tried that by the way, it didn’t work.

I’ve found useful help in several of your responses to other posts on the forum. Well done, thank you.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Bob,

It’s not just easy to rename it and use it. It’s a third party plugin so we have to follow their documentation for even small changes. I know it seems like its a small task. There are many videos on YouTube from which you can get help. For example, check this video

VIEW VIDEO

Best Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads

Reply To: Is there a way to change some of the text labels in the woocommerce checkout?

Your information:

Cancel