Line breaks – Krystal Pro

This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 5 months ago by Spiracle Themes.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Gregoire Boulanger

Hi there,

I would need “hard” line breaks in titles similar to what is available within products description (\n namely).
      While editing slides, for example:
      Every time I put a line break inside the text for “Slide sub heading” and click on “Update”, the line break vanishes and the line is concatenated.
      Is there any way of forcing a line break ? Main reason is that I am setting up a bilingual site, without the need to choose language thingy.

Many thanks in advance for your advice !
      Best regards,

Gregoire

Spiracle Themes

Hi Gregoire,

Since its a custom functionality you have to modify the code on your own. Please follow the steps below to proceed. Make sure you have access to your control panel where your website files are stored.

Step 1) Go to wp-content -> plugins -> krystalpro-theme-functionality -> inc -> custom-post-types -> slider-functions.php
      Step 2) Open this file in any text editor
      Step 3) Find line number 230 and replace text sanitize_text_field to wp_kses_post
      Step 4) Save it and try again to add line break

Let us know if this works for you

Best Regards

Gregoire Boulanger

Hi again,

Thank you for your kind reply. BTW I feel much more comfortable editing text files with vi then clicking away on buttons withour knowing what happens behind the scene. After changing the function as indicated, it became possible to use line feeds within the input panel.
      But, sadly, this does not reflect in display, which remains “sanitized”. Any< idea where I should edit code to stop interpreting and removing line feeds when it comes to display ?

A not-so-relevant question : all php files seem to have ^Ms hanging. As most sites are running under Linux, what is the purpose ?
      I guess nothing else but allowing standard DOS-windows editors to be used withoiut having infinite messy lines displayed.

Many thanks for an excellent support ! As I have a few other sites to set up over the next few months, I will stick with Spiracle, Pro versions.
      I appreciate the licensing scheme as well : one shot fee and that’s it. Great.

Best regards,

Gregoire

Spiracle Themes

Hi Gregoire,

First of all, Add the CSS below as default width is set to 55%, Set it to 100% so that we can have a 100% width text.

.slide-bg-section p.center {
      margin: auto;
      width: 100%;
      }

Copy and paste this in Apperance -> Customize -> Additonal CSS

After doing this when I checked this on the local test website, it worked fine.

1)Screenshot Dashboard
      2) Screenshot Front

Could you also post your website URL as this helps us to assist you better

Let us know if you need further assistance

Best Regards

Gregoire Boulanger

Hi there,

Thanks very much. It works fine. No need for the extra RSS to add 100% width.
      The trick was with the special way of writing the <br> which is <br />.

Web site is not public yet, running on a separate server with no access from the Internet.
      Just a rule change away on the main firewall.

Best regards,

Gregoire

Spiracle Themes

Ok, no issues

Let us know if you need any further assistance

Best Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads

Reply To: Line breaks – Krystal Pro

Your information:

Cancel