Question on multilingual site using evinna pro

This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 1 month ago by Spiracle Themes.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

L Barrera

Needs to have two (or more) customized versions in the same site, so the initial page could be switched between two or more languages. (is that possible?).

If so, can it be changed not only the titles, subtitles and menus but the background picture?

Just to clarity:
      As you know much better than me, I can customize your theme and change the titles, subtitles and a bunch or other data (including links to social networks). But there are only one box for entering data in each of the customizable fields. My ideal situation would be to have two or boxes for each field, each depending on the language selected (with of course, one default that will be shown at the beginning). So, for example, for the title in the first box I would introduce “WordPress site for test” and in the second “Sitio de Prueba WordPress” (spanish) etc.

Thanks!

Spiracle Themes

Hi L Barrera,

Yes, you can have 2 languages for the same site where you can add titles and content text separately for each language.
      The only issue you will have is the background image change for each language as the text changes for each language and not the images.

To do this, you can try the Polylang plugin which is a free plugin in the WordPress repository.

DOWNLOAD PLUGIN

You can also watch the video tutorial regarding how to use Polylang plugin to translate your website

WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL

Best Regards

L Barrera

Hi and thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay, but I was trying to figured out myself.

I’ve working with polylang and elvinaaPro but still have a problem with the main page (I meant the initial page, but only the portion that is part of your theme).

As you know, the front page of elvinaaPro has a menu but also a title (and a picture background, which I believe is constant). So, the menu is changed as I use polylang and define a menu for each language. But my problem is with the tittle (and subtitle), since I do see where to change it according to the language.

Let me explain further:
      I go to themes, and then customize and then I am able (among many other things) to alter the title and subtitle . But I don’t see there how can make such titles/subtitles variable, according to the language being used.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Also, let me know if there is a Manual I can have access to.

Thanks

Spiracle Themes

Hi L Barrera,

Please update your theme to ver 1.0.5
      We have updated a few things to ensure Polylang compatibility in our theme.
      You can now translate those strings in the Languages -> Strings translations

Let us know if you need further assistance

Best Regards

L Barrera

Thanks you!

It makes sense, however I’ve already changed two titles to test and it fails. Probably I need to do more than just refresh the page, because the boxes for change the titles are clearly seen where you said and it is very easy to incorporate the titles for the 2nd language. I will continue to try and let you know if it gets finally resolved.

I very much appreciate you help!

L Barrera

Hi,

After changing the titles/subtitles according to the language, it is not functioning. I changed them, save the changes and launch the site again, but while menu changes accordingly to the language being used, the titles/subtitles remains the same. Any ideas as why this is happening?
      I am referring to fields: el_home_heading_text and el_home_subheading_text

Other, the widget for change language (language switcher) have only five permitted locations and none is convenient in my case. Is there an easy way to put it within any area of your theme?

Thanks!

Spiracle Themes

Hi L Barrera,

You must be missing something.
      We need you admin credentials to check the issue. You can mail us your admin credentials along with your website URL at our email id: support@spiraclethemes.com

You can expect a reply from us on Monday as tomorrow is Sunday.

Let us know if you have any questions

Best Regards

L Barrera

Hi and many thanks for your reply. My website is only Local, I am working on it right now. (I am using Local Flywheel).

In search for a solution, I created a new test site, using only evinaa (plus) instead of evinaapro (I don’t know if the license I have could be used in two sites). IN this example case, I cannot even seen the double titles/subtitles in the “language strings”. Could be this related to the use of the free versions instead of the Pro? If not, I can put this test site in a ZIP file and sent it to you. Most probably, it would be the same problem/solution.

Other option is that you tell me were to look in the several PHP files that are involved for the root of the problem. I suspect that this may be caused for incompatibility (or lack of coordination) between yout theme and polylang. As I said, I can see both titles in the ‘language strings’ but nothing happens when the language is switched.

Any help on these lines or any other approach that you consider appropriate would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Spiracle Themes

Hi L Barrera,

The free version is not fully compatible with the Polylang that’s why we have added some code modifications to the pro version.
      It would be very easy for us to assist you if you can provide us a test live URL. We have already checked the pro version for this issue.

As far as code is concerned, the header.php is having the Polylang compatibility code and functions.php is having the Polylang functions (PRO version)
      Best Regards

L Barrera

Thanks,

As I said, I have my website in only in local mode (and is a huge site, with about 70+ pages). Do you have a small version of a site using elvinaaPro and polylang which I can download and test to see why mine is not working?

Anyhow, I am going to check the PHP files you mentioned to see if I can detect any error there (created by me, I meant).

Other question: my site (working locally with Flywheel) is extremely slow (and even more when using elementor). Do you know about any issues with Flywheel and your theme?.

Thanks!

L Barrera

Spiracle Themes

Hi L Barrera,

We have sent you an email regarding this. We have created a new test site for you so that you can check how to do the translations.
      For the slow loading issue, we need a live website, only then we were able to find the problem.
      Let us know if you have any further questions.

Viewing 9 reply threads

Reply To: Question on multilingual site using evinna pro

Your information:

Cancel