Need help with random strange behavior

This topic is empty.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Robert Byers

our website is alanonla.store.

Over the past couple of months have been having occasional weirdness. Which gives me the following error messages in wordpress
      Notice: Undefined variable: post in /home3/xxmfjbmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/adminimize/adminimize.php on line 285

Notice: Trying to get property ‘ID’ of non-object in /home3/xxmfjbmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/adminimize/adminimize.php on line 285
      Invalid Schedule ID

The first time I saw these, the website would not load for either customers or to see wp-admin. Bluehost support thought it was a problem
      with one particular plugin, which she closed and reopened. After that all was ok for a while. But recently I’ve noticed that our google map
      was not loading with the data we supply when the system loads data from URL. If we provide it a file, all is OK. But, it is important for
      the system be be loading from the url so that our webpage does not require human import. The plugin in question has worked fine for years
      It is WP Go Maps (formerly WP Google Maps) pro plugin. This is the latest place to display this error.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Robert

Thanks for reaching out.
      It seems like the plugin has some issues. Did you contact the plugin support forums?
      Please understand this we can’t do much in this case as these are separate plugins and not associated with the theme.
      I suggest you to contact the WP Go Maps also and if they do not respond, try finding another alternative plugin for Maps, I am sure
      you’ll find plenty of plugins which does the same.

Best Regards

Robert Byers

I just had another significant problem. My website host is Bluehost.com. My website failed today and we couldn’t access the front end or wp-admin. Bluehost had updated to php 8.2. When I reached support they said that something on my site caused php 8.2 to crash. They backed my website off to php 7.4. I had to reload all of the plugins. Is there anything in the soma pro theme that would be incompatible with php 8.2?

Spiracle Themes

Hi Robert
      I apologize for the delayed response.
      Could you kindly provide an update on the recent situation? I’ve noticed that the website is up and running.

Best Regards

Robert Byers

Yes, it is alive, but running with PHP 7.4. It crashed badly with lots and lots of deprecating messages when BlueHost updated to PHP 8.2. Since 7.4 is no longer supported, my question is when will you be supporting 8.2. You may already be doing so and my problem is elsewhere.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Robert
      The theme does not have any issues with PHP version 8.2.10. You need to check the plugins you are using for the PHP compatibility.
      Here is the screen recording link

https://www.veed.io/view/ef9c38e4-20e0-406a-a618-0e77f1407629?panel=share

Best Regards

Spiracle Themes

Let us know if you have any questions

Best Regards

Robert Byers

I have been doing my best to clean up whatever happened. I got rid of one plugin that was causing problems. Am now trying to track down what’s inserting this into orders

Notice: Function is_internal_meta_key was called incorrectly. Generic add/update/get meta methods should not be used for internal meta data, including “_shipping_phone”. Use getters and setters. Backtrace: require(‘wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php’), do_meta_boxes, WC_Meta_Box_Order_Data::output, do_action(‘woocommerce_admin_order_data_after_shipping_address’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, NewfoldLabs\WP\Module\ECommerce\ECommerce->display_custom_shipping_fields_in_admin, WC_Data->get_meta, WC_Data->is_internal_meta_key, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.2.0.) in /home3/xxmfjbmy/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Can you recommend a good place to turn on error logging.

Spiracle Themes

Hi Robert

There is a WP_DEBUG constant in wp-config.php that can be helpful in debugging those errors.
      More detailed info on the article below:

https://www.hostinger.in/tutorials/debug-wordpress

Best Regards

Robert Byers

Hi, have learned to activate a debug file. Thanks for your recommendation. I have found a recurring entry in that file regarding my theme. This message occurs twice daily. Is there anything I can do about this?

[28-Feb-2024 04:23:30 UTC] PHP Warning: The URL https://www.spiraclethemes.com/pluginupdates/somapro/info.json?installed_version=1.3&php=8.0.30&locale=en_US&checking_for_updates=1 does not point to a valid metadata file. HTTP response code is 403 (expected: 200) in /home3/xxmfjbmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/somapro-theme-functionality/inc/plugin-updates/Puc/v4p2/UpdateChecker.php on line 297

Spiracle Themes

Hi Robert,

We’re no longer offering the PRO theme, but its functionalities have been added to the PRO plugin. We can provide you the plugin and the license key if you’d like, as you’re a PRO customer. Is this is your working email: webmaster@alanonla.org

Best Regards

Robert Byers
      This reply has been marked as private.

Robert Byers

Spiracle Themes

Hi Robert

If you’re happy with the current theme then you don’t need to switch it. We can still provide support for this theme.
      We need temporary credentials to manually remove this update function from the plugin somapro-theme-functionality.

Best Regards

Robert Byers

Spiracle Themes

Hi Robert,

We’ve identified and removed the problematic code from the plugin that was causing the issue.
      To verify the fix, please test the website again.
      also, please delete the temporary login credentials you provided.

Best Regards

Viewing 15 reply threads

Reply To: Need help with random strange behavior

Your information: